January 24, 2009

Being Aware of Being Blessed

Being Aware of Being Blessed

Sometimes the KNOWING that I am not alone takes me by storm. Sometimes the Universe just hits me very hard with love. Kinda like a Thump on my head. OK, wake up. Keep Getting It. Keep understanding that you are not alone. You will always have help from the Universe/the World/Angels who will always assist you.

My sister Lexi ALWAYS told me that I have "good fairies" who surround me. This was something she said zillions of times to me. And truly, as my life has played out, and I consider the little bad that has happened to me, vs. the huge amount of good that I've experienced, at 60 now, I see the pattern. Proof Positive. No denying. Truly beginning to Accept that I will always have help. I must allow things to unfold. Help will always come, but I must have patience. With patience, things will unfold as they should. Exactly as they should.

So I'm driving to San Diego at 11 AM on a Thursday morning. I'm doing 70 mph in the 3rd lane of a 6 lane stretch, I-5 south, just before the Calgrove exit and I hear: thud.....thud.....thud.....thud. I think, I've got a helicopter above me, it sounds like the blades of a helicopter; but my better half knows, …. it's my tire. Then a definite THUD and the knowing is now full and complete with that feeling in your stomach, the dread you dreaded.

There are openings enough in traffic for me to pull onto the right shoulder.
After stopping, I fumble for my Emergency Roadside Assistance card, make the call; still in shock and unable to fully comprehend what the helpful young woman is trying to say.
Is it her pronunciation, or my not wanting to make this moment real, the shock effect.
The local garage, in Santa Clarita, tells me it will be about 40 to 45 minutes before they can get here. I've just got to wait. But I want to keep busy, I need to dissipate some of my shock and anxiety; so I exit my car and begin to empty the contents of my trunk to pull out the spare.
I get the jack and pump pipe, and with the lug wrench, begin to undo the lugs.
As I'm working, I realize that I won't have the strength to lift the forty plus pounds of tire off their pins, when..... out of nowhere, to my right appears a man in his mid to late 50's, wearing worn jeans and a blue jacket. He asks me if I want help. I hadn't seen or heard him pull up.

"Do you want help?"

Of course I do. And he is safe. I know this in my gut.

"Yes. Thank you. Thank you so much."

"I am doing this in The Lord's name," Angel states.

His statement, plain, unadorned, absolute, hit me hard in my soul. I knew I was in good hands.
I knew that this was another of The Lord's wake up calls to me. Another Aha moment.

But of course. And why not? In who else's name? Isn't it ALL in Her/His name anyway? I know this. I keep forgetting this. I keep being reminded of this.

So he goes about changing the tire, and shows me that I had the jack in the wrong place, and how the jack grooves fit into the grooves of the underside of the car. And in less than 5 minutes, with him telling me how to get to Valencia Road, and telling me to get off the freeway before placing another call, that I should get to safety first.....then flash. Flash.
In a flash he drove away in his car, as quickly and effortlessly as he had appeared.

I cried for the next hour. Awestruck. Filled with Grace. Filled with Love.

In The Lord's name.

No comments:

Blog Archive